(DGIwire) With all the seemingly conflicting diet and exercise guidelines these days it’s no wonder people often struggle with incorporating a simple plan to improve their health. There are however many things almost all health professionals agree on.
Tom Griesel, a health guru and co-author of the best selling health book TurboCharged offers the following easy to remember actions you can use to improve your health, waistline and wellbeing:
- Drink more pure water every day.
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds and quality proteins.
- Always choose natural, unprocessed and preservative-free foods.
- Eliminate or substantially reduce all simple sugars in your food choices.
- Get outdoors and enjoy nature as often as possible
- Get 7-8 hours of restful sleep every night.
- Take time to relax and de-stress every day–even if it is only for a minute a few times a day.
- Be on your feet and as active as possible.
- Incorporate some way to increase your strength.
- Focus on improving your body composition. Aim for more muscle & water with less body fat.
- Stop focusing on “weight-loss”. You want to keep your muscles, bones, and vital organs–all of which “weigh” a lot!
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all.
- Surround yourself with people who are positive and support you.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
Copyright free content by DGIwire.