(DGIwire) – Are you the parent of an overly sensitive child? A child who is hypersensitive to food, light, touch, sounds, and just about everything you can think of? A child who is hyperactive, labeled as learning disabled or perhaps autistic? Does your child talk to invisible friends or have intuitive insights that are characteristic of a mature adult?
If you have answered “Yes’ to any of these questions, then your child may be an Indigo Child – a tender endearing soul that cannot handle the overload of environmental, emotional and physical toxins.
It is estimated that 70% of children age fifteen to twenty five and 97% of children under age ten are Indigo. They have been around for centuries but are now incarnating in massive numbers.
These children are transforming the planet around us. They are groundbreakers, creative rebels and independent thinkers; children who will take their own route and go at their own pace. Wherever they go, they will leave people and things around them changed, usually for the better.
Since they are highly sensitive, they tend to be affected deeply by toxic overload. Chronic exposure to any of the toxins listed below can cause imbalances of these highly sensitive children:
- EMF: from computers, cell phones, appliances
- pesticides and preservatives: from food
- heavy metals: from vaccines, silver mercury fillings, fish
- emotionally toxic environment: people with anger or depression, violence, disharmony in the home or school
- allergens: food (sugar, wheat, dairy, soy, GMOs), detergents, mold, dust mites
Indigo Children are easily detected. They may have some very specific characteristics:
- Heart centered when young
- Care about others more than they care about themselves
- Wise beyond their years
- Have insights about things they shouldn’t have a clue about; such as deceased people, future events, past lives, etc.
- Have imaginary friends, see angels, deceased people
- Talk to their pets like they would talk to humans
- Tend to hang out with nature and pets more than people
- Have night terrors; even before they can talk
- Have food allergies, especially to dairy, sugar and processed foods
- Can sense evil or bad people
- Pick up other people’s emotions
- Get offended easily
- Can get seizures easily
- Get high fevers easily
- They are more creative and right brain dominant than most people; into artsy things- music, painting, beading, cooking, photography, etc.
- Badger parents to change for the better, in terms of giving up bad habits; smoking, alcohol, poor foods, etc.
- Get sick easily, only because their systems are more sensitive
For many, the Indigo path is not an easy one to walk. Indigos are usually interested in healing and spiritual traditions; saving the earth and helping people to empower and heal themselves. They are sensitive, intuitive and expressive. Some have psychic abilities, while others, whose Indigo nature is suppressed, may have episodes of depression or violence.
Parents of these powerful, spirited beings need support and insights to let go of traditional ways of parenting. They need to develop more respectful, cooperative and holistic relationships. Taking time to explain things to Indigos, plus really listening to why something is important to them, enhances awareness of their thinking process and deeper purpose. Flexibility, openness and honesty are other qualities which supplement the development of relationships which will nurture the soul of the Indigo Child.
With love, proper guidance and a holistic environment, Indigos can and will flourish into the beautiful adults that they are meant to be. They will take our next generation to new platforms of peace, consciousness and wellbeing.
We must educate ourselves about these new evolutionary children. Our future depends on it.
Dr. Idelle Brand is a holistic dentist, multifaceted integrative healer and teacher of diverse complementary healing modalities. She is co- author of Enlightened Indigo Child, an important book for people with high sensitivities. She can be reached through her website TheBrandWellnessCenter.com